Full course description
This on-line course provides the most commonly used tools for continuous quality improvement (CQI) and is designed to accompany the course CQI for Public Health:The Fundamentals. This course was developed for public health agencies and their partners, although the principles, process and tools have been used in all kinds of organizations and can be used anywhere – even at home.
This course consists of five modules, following the CQI for Public Health:The Fundamentals modules:
- Module 4: Analysis Tools
- Module 5: Data Tools
- Module 6: Decision Making Tools
- Module 7: Planning Tools
- Module 8: QI Storyboards
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the four types of flow charts
- Discuss the use of a fishbone diagram to analyze a problem
- Recognize the five whys technique to determine the root cause of a problem
- Describe six data tools than can be used in the Plan-Do-Study-Act cycle for problem solving
- Describe three tools for decision making in the Plan-Do-Study-Act cycle
- Describe three tools for planning, planning improvements, and monitoring
- Describe a storyboard as a CQI tool
This course addresses the following Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals: 2.A.11. It also addresses and supports PHAB Standard 9.2 (v1.5).
The target audience for this course is anyone interested in quality improvement in public health.
This continuing education activity has been approved by the Ohio State Board of Sanitarian Registration.
Course Number: CE-0000001004 Clock Hours: 2
Sponsored by the Center for Public Health Practice (MEP100177), a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc., this program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 2 total Category I contact hours in health education. Maximum advanced-level contact hours available are 0.
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) Activity Number: 2020-0000000248 Contact hours: 2