Full course description
21st Annual Summer Programn in Population Health Course
Registration: For those paying with a debit or credit card, please click "enroll" on the course you wish to take.
Paying by purchase order or check? Please click here to complete your registration.
Are you an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral student? Students receive a discount on Summer Program courses. Student cost for this course is $75. Please use code Budgeting.
Instructor: Tory Hogan, PhD
This course provides a practical introduction to the financial management of public health and healthcare organizations. Participants will engage in the following topics.
- The income statement and the statement of changes in equity
- Financial condition analysis
- Planning and budgeting
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the key components of the income statement and statement of changes of equity financial statements routinely prepared by public health organizations and explain why each statement is important to both managers and outside stakeholders.
- Conduct financial condition analyses as a part of understanding the current financial position of an organization.
- Describe the key components of the financial plan within an organization’s general planning process and discuss the different types of budgets.
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) Activity Number: 2020-0000000383 Contact Hours: 7
This continuing education activity has been approved by the Ohio State Board of Sanitarian Registration for 7 hours. Course number: CE-0000001492 Clock Hours: 7.
Sponsored by the Center for Public Health Practice (MEP100177), a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc., this program is designated for (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 7 total category I contact hours in health education. Maximum advance-level contact hours available are 7 .
The course is approved for 7 CPH CEs by the National Board of Public Health Examiners
Contact Colleen at email@example.com for questions about continuing education contact hours.